CBC heads across the state to meet Rockhurst in a battle of Class 6 powers that highlights the schedule for Week 8.
The first time the CBC Cadets played the Rockhurst Hawklets will live forever in the program’s history. It should. It had a memorable outcome for the program.
The two teams meet in the Class 6 state championship game on Nov. 29, 2014, at the Edward Jones Dome. CBC scored a 31-24 victory in that meeting. The win capped off a perfect 14-0 season for the Cadets and coach Scott Pingel.
The win over Rockhurst marked the first state championship in CBC history after two second-place finishes in 2006 and 2011. CBC also finished second in 2015 as the Cadets fell 37-28 to Blue Springs South in the state title game.
Rockhurst has nine state championships. The first title came in 1971 and the most recent in 2010.
The Cadets will travel across the state and play the Hawklets on Friday, Oct. 6 in Kansas City.
Friday, Oct 6 • 7 p.m.
• CBC at Rockhurst
• Lindbergh at Eureka
• Parkway West at Parkway Central
• MICDS at St. Dominic
• Marquette at Parkway South
• De Smet Jesuit at Jackson
• Fox at Lafayette
• Priory at Cardinal Ritter
• Chaminade at Cape Girardeau Central
Saturday, Oct. 7
• Central Homeschool at Principia, 11 a.m.
• Webster Groves at Parkway North, 1 p.m.
• O’Fallon Christian at Westminster Christian Academy, 1 p.m.