Home >> News >> Chesterfield >> Chesterfield Council resolves three issues in short meeting

Chesterfield Council resolves three issues in short meeting

During one of its shortest meetings in recent memory, the Chesterfield City Council took final action on two ordinances, approved two reappointments to the city’s architectural review board [ARB] and announced action taken during a closed session on personnel matters.

Unanimously approved after a second reading were:

  • An ordinance authorizing an easement and maintenance agreement involving the Chesterfield Hockey Association [CHA], the Chesterfield Valley Transportation Development District [TDD] and the city;
  • An ordinance adding an all-way stop regulation at the intersection of Lydia Hill and Veterans Place drives.

To be eligible for some $7 million from the TDD to pay for infrastructure improvements, the CHA must provide an easement allowing the city and the TDD to use the parking lot built as part of the SportsComplex project now under construction. Under the easement, the CHA will be responsible for all parking lot maintenance. The agreement expires when bonds issued by the TDD for the infrastructure work related to the new facility are paid off.

Eligible voters earlier this year approved continuation of a 3/8-cent sales tax assessed by retail businesses in Chesterfield Valley to retire the TDD bonds.

With upcoming improvements, the riparian trail in the Lydia Hill-Veterans Place area will have a permanent connection at the intersection and the city’s public works department staff has recommended that it be made an all-way stop. A stop sign now is on Veterans Place but not on Lydia Hill.

Mayor Bob Nation nominated Richard Clawson and Matt Adams for reappointment to the ARB and the council unanimously confirmed that action.

Nation also noted the council had approved in closed session the placing of the $5,202 that City Administrator Mike Geisel would have received under a 3-percent merit increase earlier approved for city employees into his retirement account. The mayor described the action as a win-win for both Geisel and the city.

The council meeting began just after 7 p.m. and was adjourned at 7:15 p.m.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Share this: