On Friday, Feb. 1, the Metro West Fire Protection District responded to a fatal house fire in the 200
The district reports that shortly after 4 a.m., the first arriving firefighters discovered heavy smoke and fire coming from the rear of the single-story home. The fire was already well developed. A female victim was located and removed from the building. She was treated by Metro West paramedics and transported to a local hospital where she later died from her injuries.
Firefighters from Metro West, West County EMS & Fire, Monarch, and Valley Park fire protection districts worked together to extinguish the remaining fire. No neighboring homes were impacted.
Fire investigators from Metro West, the Ballwin Police Department
Smoke alarms were not present in the home. Metro West would like to remind everyone that smoke alarms save lives. Properly installed and maintained detectors play a vital role in reducing fire deaths and injuries. Smoke alarm batteries should be checked monthly and the entire smoke detector should be replaced after 10 years.