On June 29, St. Louis County will ease restrictions on capacity limits for businesses from 25% to 50%. In response to this change, the city of Ballwin has announced changes for The Pointe and North Pointe recreation centers.
The North Pointe Aquatic Center will increase capacity to 630 beginning June 29. One open swim session will be offered from noon-5:30 p.m., Monday-Sunday.
The Pointe will increase its capacity to 650 people. Its hours will remain the same until Tuesday, Sept. 8. Current hours are 5:15 a.m.-8 p.m., Monday – Friday and 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday & Sunday.
The new bather load for The Pointe’s indoor pool will be 178 people. Water aerobics will have
Non-resident pool passes, which will include a portion of the 2021 season, will be on sale beginning June 29 with a 10% discount being offered on Monday, June 29
Priority for admission will still be given to Pool Pass holders, Platinum members and Pointe Plus members, followed by daily admission (residents will have priority in the daily admission line).
Lap swimming will no longer have registration and will move to a first-come, first-served basis. Lap swimming has a new time in the evenings, 7-8 p.m., with a maximum of 12 swimmers at one time (3 per lane).
The updated North Pointe Schedule can be found here.
Other guidelines still in place per St. Louis County orders include:
- Face coverings are required to be worn when entering, exiting,
in line, using the restrooms, or any other time when you are not in the water or eating (wearing a mask in the pool is prohibited).
- Staff will screen all patrons who enter the facility.
- The Splash Pad and water playground in the Kiddie Pool at North Pointe remain closed.
- Chairs have been removed from the facilities. Patrons will need to bring their own.
- No lifejackets, pool noodles, or rental equipment (paddles, basketballs, pool cues, etc. at The Pointe) will be issued.
- A limited number of floating tubes for the Lazy River at North Point will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Patrons will need to bring their own refillable water bottles. Water fountains will not be available for use.
- Showers will be available, but patrons are required to spray showers with the supplied disinfectant.
- Organized groups (larger than 6) are not allowed, including birthday parties
- There will be no lost and found. All items left behind for the day will be discarded.