Home >> News >> Business hopes to bring its success to Chesterfield

Business hopes to bring its success to Chesterfield

Owners of Success Promotions are hoping to relocate their business from Town & Country to the east side of Chesterfield Industrial Boulevard, south of its intersection with Edison Avenue.

The 20-year-old sports marketing company specializes in game day giveaways. They plan to retrofit the existing 13,110-square-foot building and add 11 parking spaces, said Chris Dietz, Chesterfield planner.

The 1.212-acre lot at 234 Chesterfield Industrial Blvd. is currently zoned M3 Planned Industrial District, which restricts the office use to no more than 50% of the gross floor space.

Success Promotions intends for 84% of the building to be dedicated to office space and the other 16% for warehouse use, explained George Stock, of Stock & Associates. Therefore, rezoning of the M3 District would be required. As part of the rezoning petition, 34 permitted uses are being requested. Not all of those were met with enthusiasm.

Planning Commission member Gene Schenberg questioned some of the uses on the list such as one that would allow a commercial service facility, which he said might be offensive to nearby businesses that include a gymnastics center and a fitness center.

Other uses were questioned as well.

Stock said Success Promotions has a specific use and that they could “whittle out” those uses that were not appropriate

According to co-owner Chad Everett, the business is one of the top suppliers of Cardinals memorabilia like bobbleheads and championship rings. They do custom design and manufacturing for 20 to 30 Major League Baseball (MLB) teams, as well as for collegiate and youth sports, he said.

The Planning Commission recommended approval of the zone change by a vote of 8-0 with the condition that two uses be removed from the list: sales yard operated by a church, school or other not-for-profit organization, and yard for storage of contractors’ equipment, materials and supplies.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Share this:

Comments

comments

X