On July 29, Ballwin announced the reopening of all playgrounds owned and maintained by the city with approval from St. Louis County. This includes the playgrounds located at The Pointe at Ballwin Commons, Vlasis Park, North Pointe Aquatic Center, Ferris Park and New Ballwin Park.
Playground use is at your own risk, the city noted in a Facebook post announcing the reopening.
“Our Parks Maintenance crews are working hard to keep the parks clean, but understand it is impossible to disinfect every touch surface area on every piece of park equipment,” the post noted. “For that reason, we encourage you to be proactive and vigilant if you choose to use our playgrounds.”
The city recommends that playground visitors bring their own disinfecting supplies to the park to wipe down any touch surfaces, both before and after playground use. Additionally, visitors are asked to:
• Maintain appropriate social distance from those not in your household.
• Wash/sanitize hands frequently, especially before and after playground use.
• Avoid crowds or busy areas.
• Do not use the playground equipment if you or your children are sick.
• Adhere to the St. Louis County mask order.